Fiscal Year End
by Cheryl Milnes, Chief Financial Officer
I have been asked to introduce myself and share my thoughts with the Year-Round Delegate Group on church giving to the Shared Ministry Fund (SMF). My name is Cheryl Milnes and I have had the privilege of working with the NACCC since July 2022 after Dan Drea’s retirement. I am a fractional CFO hired from Lauber Business Partners and serve your organization with an accounting team from Triun3. I have learned that your church giving to NACCC is a very important part of the NACCC revenue budget. Fair Share or Fair Share Plus gifts, $13 or more per each member of your congregation, play an essential role in sustaining the NACCC.
The opportunities that NACCC provides member churches are contingent on a funded Shared Ministry Fund. I have listed just a few of the programs below that we are able to provide because you have generously funded the SMF in the past.
- Global mission partners like A Christian Ministry in the National Parks, Morgan Scott Project, Christ to the Villages and Word Alive Mission and others.
- The hybrid Annual Meeting for the ministers, adult, and youth delegates.
- Convocations and seminars for our ministers.
- Advisory services for church like conflict resolution, generosity programs and pastoral search.
- Financial grants to churches in need.
- Loans for congregations to invest in their future.
Soon, we will contact member churches who have not yet given to the SMF this current fiscal year which ends on March 31, 2023. We are grateful for our partnership with you in the ministry of the NACCC look forward to our continued collaboration.